SimCity Buildit

SimCity Buildit is addictive. I have five cities, one of which is on BlueStacks. The others are on my phone, tablet, and two otherwise unused leftover phones.

So here are my thoughts on this game, in no particular order, bearing in mind that I often like to make settlement games more realistic.

Very first and very foremost: I don't do in-game purchases, ever. Personally, I say make the game free - or not. This game I would buy for an appropriate price.

Store production queues: Sequential queues don't make much sense to me, other than for the purpose of a game challenge. I'd like production queues to mean "this is how many items we can produce simultaneously." So if you're manufacturing nails, two nails both come out in five minutes, not ten, one at a time. Factories already do this - why can't stores?

Factory upgrades: It doesn't make sense that all factory upgrades do is produce more at once and with less pollution. At least when you get to a nanotech factory, it should provide a production time decrease. It's nanotech, so why does it take the same amount of time as a basic factory to produce an item?

Automatic graphics settings: This does help the game be as smooth as possible for your device, but unfortunately, I think tying the zoom level into this is a horribly bad idea. You can play SC Buildit on older devices, but designing your city layout and roads is downright unpleasant if you can only see a tiny portion of your available area at once. I know the game can zoom out and still be playable, because when you enter the game, it zooms in from a distance. For that one brief moment, you can see much more of your city. There was a hack you could do with a hex editor, but the latest update doesn't appear to use the benchmarks.txt file any more.

There really should be a way to buy and sell omega items.

It should not be as difficult as it is to obtain expansion items, although once you can build omega homes, you can buy them from the omega market. People build feeder cities for this reason. Guess what? That means heavier loads on the game servers. This is not a smart game business strategy.

Expansion items that you do get are unbalanced. I always tend to get tons of dozer exhausts and storage cameras. This doesn't help. Mix it up! 

A lake is not a "building."

I can't tell if the help characters are speaking Japanese or making speech-like noises. (I have cochlear implants - they're not perfect.) They sometimes vaguely sound to me like they're saying very inappropriate things.

I never liked the club wars idea from the beginning. I got stuck in a club that went to war and it was boring and dull to have to wait it out. I left the club the second the club war was over and started my own club. I put "no war" in the description. What happened? People joined and asked to start a war. I didn't respond because that was going to get old fast. Read the club description before joining a club!

Now that I've built a few cities, my latest city on BlueStacks probably isn't going to see the store production queues expanded. I'm going to save my SimCash for other things, especially as I don't do in-game purchases. I mean, why bother when the store production queues are sequential instead of simultaneous like the factory queues?

What is the deal with sims eating llamas? Who does that?

Ad-watching rewards: First of all, they know nobody watches ads, right? Let it play, put your phone down, do something else for a minutes or two, come back, get the reward. Second, one or two of the boxes is usually mega-lame. At least make all three of them something important, like expansion items or omega items. If I want a smoothie, I'll make one, thank you. I watched your ad, now give me a dozer blade. Oh, fine, I admit I didn't watch the ad!

No, sims, you do not get a weekend. You aren't real. Tron is just a movie.

For all those sims that say they have a crush on me, I never get digits. This is disappointing.

If cancelling a marketplace posting costs me one dollar in SimCash, I want that item back! Seriously, where does it go? Why are we throwing away items because we cancelled the posting?

I would like to see a feature where I could mark items in storage as "not for sale." That way I don't have to deal with bubble offers from sims asking for expansion items. I'm not selling those. Bugger off!

Why can't speedup tokens be used on factories? This would be awesome!

Certain parks and buildings won't turn to fit into spaces they would fit into if they would just turn 90 degrees. I don't know why some buildings won't do this. This is annoying.

Your sims are complaining that you don't want to live there. What's the matter with you? You're going to lose the next election, chump.

Oh, and Google, I am NOT giving you my @#%$ing location, so stop @#%ing asking. 

Comments

Popular Posts